Recent Posts

Monday 20 April 2015

Android Session 4 @ Mbarara University 2015


Hi Developers! My name is Lynet Ampiire, a second year student at Mbarara University of Science and Technology pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering.

Participating in this Android training has given me an opportunity to enhance my programming skills especially learning how apps are developed.
Student explains concept during class

On Saturday, 18, April, 2015 we had our fourth study session where i was able to acquire more experience. The focus was on Shared Preferences and I'm going to share with you what I learnt.

I, Lynet and my groupmate explain our assignment app to class


  • Shared preferences enable a developer to store and retrieve information. This works for simple information such as user names and passwords. 
  • SQLite is preferred when dealing with complex information.

Additionally a couple of methods come in handy when dealing with Shared Preferences which include;
Android Class during session


  • getSharedPreferences() method which retrieves information stored and is applied in multiple application components.
  • getPreferences() method does the same thing as the getSharedPreferences() method only that it is applied in a single application.

We also looked at the Editor class that has a name that can be used to invoke or reference other methods such as edit () method, put (), and get () method.

Finally, I take this opportunity to thank Google in partnership with Udacity for enriching us with this great knowledge.  I look forward to applying these concepts in the application i intend to develop by the end of the training. 

I would like develop a digital diary app. I just can’t wait till it's done…....Cheers!

For a link to more session photos; click Android Session 4


+Chimdindu Aneke +Jeminatu Alabi-Isama +Richard Kimera +Kimera Richard +Galiwango Martin +Brian Kagimu

No comments:

Post a Comment